When you visit our website, personal data concerning you is collected. We – Vorwerk Switzerland Ltd. – want to use this Data Privacy Statement to provide you with information on our data processing methods.
We protect your privacy and your private data. We collect, process and use your personal data in accordance with the contents of this Data Privacy Statement and the applicable data protection regulations. As a Swiss Thermomix® distributor, our websites are generally aimed at our Swiss and Liechtenstein customers, as well as at interested individuals from Switzerland and Liechtenstein. In general, Thermomix® provides country-specific websites for customers and website visitors from the EU. As a result, our websites are primarily subject to Swiss data protection law, in particular the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (DSG). Insofar as foreign data protection law applies, this is also taken into account, including, for example, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. Collection of personal data
Personal data, within the meaning of this Data Privacy Statement, refers to all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter referred to as the “data subject”). This includes, in particular, your name, e-mail address, gender, address, telephone number, customer number, as well as credit card and account details.
Personal data also includes information about your use of our website. Within this context, we collect personal data from you which may contain information about your visits to our website, such as the volume of data transferred, the location from which you are accessing data from our website and other connection data and sources that you access. This is usually done by using log files and cookies. You can find more information on log files and cookies below.
2. Legal basis
We process personal data in accordance with Swiss data protection law.
Where the GDPR applies, the processing operations are based on the following justifications:
- Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for the processing of personal data, Article 6(1a) GDPR serves as the legal basis.
- When processing personal data required for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party, Article 6(1b) GDPR serves as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations that are necessary to perform pre-contractual measures.
- Insofar as the processing of personal data is required to fulfil a legal obligation to which our company is subject, Article 6(1c) GDPR serves as the legal basis.
- In the event that the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Article 6(1d) GDPR serves as the legal basis.
- If processing is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third party and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the person concerned do not outweigh this legitimate interest, then Article 6(1f) GDPR serves as the legal basis for processing.
3. Purpose of use
We process your personal data for various purposes in order to be able to provide you with our services. We strive to limit data processing to the extent that is absolutely necessary. Our processing operations can be divided into the following processing purposes. We may process your personal data for individual or for several purposes in this regard:
In connection with visiting our website
- In order to make it technically possible for you to use our website (establishment of a connection), data needs to be collected during your visit. Every time you visit our website, data is temporarily recorded automatically and a corresponding log file is created.
- This log file is not linked to, or stored with, personal data.
In connection with the provision of services and the sale of goods
- To fulfil obligations arising from any contract concluded between you and us (e.g. to process an order placed via our online shop). In particular, the following data is processed in this regard: Surname, first name, title, e-mail address, address, telephone number, customer number and payment information (master data).
- Payments made via the website are handled by Datatrans. We do not receive complete credit card or account details.
- To enable you to use our interactive services if you wish.
- We give you the option of registering with us, creating a customer account and using the associated functions. For this purpose, we process the following personal data, in particular: Title; surname, first name; date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, customer number and password. If need be, information is stored on purchases made, event registrations and the use of voucher codes.
- As a registered user, you can change the address data stored about you and arrange for the deletion of your customer account at any time.
In connection with customer communication
- We may process the necessary personal data concerning you to organise and implement customer support.
- The personal data can be used to communicate important information, such as adjustments and changes to the terms and conditions of business, or adjustments to services or prices that affect you directly.
- In order to administer and implement customer communication by post or using electronic means of communication, for example e-mail.
- If you contact us using the contact form, we will process the following data in addition to the reason for the contact enquiry: Title, surname, first name, address and message. This information will only be used to process your enquiry.
To analyse customer behaviour
- When analysing our website.
- Evaluations regarding the services purchased from us and customer behaviour.
- Statistical evaluation based on user data that has been rendered anonymous.
- We can also use tracking tools, cookies and analysis tools for this purpose. You can find further information in section 8.
For marketing purposes
- For information about new products and services.
- To send individualised and personalised advertising by post or by telephone, fax, e-mail, voice messages, text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), video messages or instant messaging (if you have given your consent in this regard).
- If you have subscribed to our newsletter in any form or have agreed to receive information about our products and services electronically, we can send you information electronically. By subscribing to the newsletter, you will receive information on new offers, events or news concerning Thermomix® or Vorwerk Switzerland Ltd at irregular intervals. The data you enter when you sign up (title, first name, surname, e-mail address, language) will only be used to send the newsletter, unless a customer account is created at the same time. To send the newsletter, we use the e-mail address you provided and then require confirmation from you that, as the owner of the e-mail address, you agree to receive it (known as “double opt-in”). You can unsubscribe at any time via the unsubscribe option provided in the newsletter/e-mail or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- Existing customers who receive information about products or services of Thermomix® or Vorwerk Switzerland Ltd can also unsubscribe at any time via the unsubscribe option provided in the newsletter/e-mail or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Retention period
We store the personal data for as long as is necessary in order to achieve the purpose in question or for as long as we are obliged to retain it by law. As soon as we no longer need the personal data concerned, it will be deleted. If we collect your IP address, it will only be stored for the duration of your use of the website and will then be deleted immediately or rendered anonymous by truncating it. The personal data will be deleted at the latest after the end of the statutory retention period.
5. Data security
All information that you transmit to us is stored on servers within the European Union or in Switzerland. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, which is why we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to our website via the Internet. We do, however, protect our websites and other systems by taking technical and organisational measures to protect us against the loss, destruction, modification or distribution of, or access to, your data by unauthorised individuals. Our security technologies and procedures are regularly reviewed to ensure they are up-to-date and efficient. In particular, your personal data is transmitted in encrypted form. We use the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) coding system for this purpose.
You must treat any personal security codes and passwords that we may provide you with so you can access certain parts of the website (or which you choose yourself) as confidential and follow any instructions we give you to keep such information confidential and secure. Payment transactions are processed by our payment service partner via a secure payment website and in line with industry security standards. You should ensure that all payment transactions you make are executed in a secure environment.
6. Cooperation with contract data processors and dissemination to third parties
We may have to involve third parties (contract data processors) in order to provide certain services. This may involve us passing data on to contract data processors, or data being stored by them. For example, we use an external data centre in Europe to operate the website. Only the data necessary for the provision of the services is passed on. Vorwerk Switzerland Ltd. subjects its contract data processors to the obligation to adhere to the data protection and security requirements.
Datatrans AG has been commissioned to process payments via the website. When payments are made, data is forwarded to Datatrans AG and the terms and conditions of Datatrans AG apply as a result. Further information can be found in Datatrans AG’s Data Privacy Statement.
We may also pass on your personal data to companies in the Vorwerk Group in order to make use of services which we require to achieve the purposes set out above or our other business activities.
In exceptional cases, we pass data on to third parties if this is necessary to comply with the statutory provisions or if we are obliged to surrender data as part of proceedings before a court or an authority. We may also disclose data if we have to do so to protect and defend the rights or (intellectual) property of Vorwerk Switzerland Ltd. or the Vorwerk Group, including the safety of our products and services. Otherwise, we will only pass on personal data to third parties with your consent.
If contract data processors or third parties are domiciled in countries in which the applicable laws do not provide for a level of protection for personal data that is comparable to Swiss law, we will take contractual measures to ensure that the contract data processors or third parties concerned comply with a level of data protection comparable to Swiss law.
7. Hyperlink forwarding
8. Information about your computer, cookies and targeting
Each time you access our site, we collect the following information about your computer: the IP address of your computer, the request from your browser and the time of this request. The status and the volume of data transmitted are also recorded in connection with this request. Your computer’s IP address will only be stored for the duration of your use of the website and will then be deleted immediately or rendered anonymous by truncating it. We use this data for the operation of our website, in particular to detect and eliminate errors on the website, to identify the website utilisation and to make adjustments or improvements.
We may also collect information about your use of our website using what are known as browser cookies. These are small text files which are stored on your data medium and which store certain settings and data on communication with our system via your browser. A cookie usually contains the name of the domain from which the cookie data was sent, information on the age of the cookie and an alphanumeric identifier. Cookies allow our systems to recognise the user’s device and to make any default settings available immediately. As soon as a user accesses the platform, a cookie is transferred to the hard disk of the user’s computer. Cookies help us to improve our website and to offer you a better service that is tailored to suit your needs.
We can use different types of cookies:
- Function cookies – these cookies support the usability of the website and applications and enable optimised and individualised functions. For example, we use functional cookies to make shopping easier for you and to save the selections you make from page to page. We also use function cookies to store information such as your login information so that you don’t have to enter it again.
- Performance cookies – these cookies collect information to support the website and our applications, and allow us to improve our website and identify any problems that occur during your visit to the site. For example, performance cookies provide information about how you got to our website and how you navigate through our websites during your visit. These cookies also provide us with certain statistical data, such as the number of visitors to our website or how effective our advertising is.
- Targeting cookies – these cookies are used to collect data from you that helps us to improve our products and services and to present you with targeted advertisements that may be of use or interest to you. We use targeting cookies on our websites and in our applications as part of various marketing initiatives and campaigns.
Our website uses what are known as tracking technologies. We use these technologies to make our website more interesting for you. This technology makes it possible to display advertising on websites of our partners to Internet users who have already shown an interest in our website. The display of these advertising materials on the pages of our partners is based on cookie technology and an analysis of previous usage behaviour. We only use this technology if you have given us your consent, if such use is necessary for the conclusion or the performance of a contract with you, or if other legal regulations allow us to do so.
We work with partners (Google and Facebook) who help us to make our website more interesting for you. This means that cookies are also stored on your hard drive by these partner companies when you visit the website. These are cookies that are automatically deleted after the specified time. The cookies of our partner companies also only collect data using a cookie ID that enables our advertising partners to target you with advertising that might actually be of interest to you. You can find out how to block the use of these cookies below.
We use Google Analytics. This tool provides us with statistics and graphics for evaluation purposes, allowing us to draw conclusions about the use of our website. Google Analytics is operated by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). The cookie that is stored transmits data to Google. Google Analytics renders this data anonymous or uses an truncated IP address. This is designed to make it impossible to identify the individual devices and the data subject. Google does not merge this data with other services. You can find more information about Google Analytics here:
We use Facebook Pixels (Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland). Facebook Pixels is an analysis tool that measures the effectiveness of our advertising. It helps us to understand what people are doing on our website. Facebook uses the Facebook pixel to be able to identify visitors to our website as a target group for advertisements on Facebook. This means that data is transmitted to Facebook when you visit our website.
You can find more information about Facebook Pixels here:
If you do not wish browser cookies to be used, you can configure your browser so that cookies are not accepted. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may only be able to use our website to a limited extent, or may not be able to use it at all. If you only want to accept our own cookies, but not those of our service providers and partners, you can select the “Block third-party cookies” setting in your browser.
9. Social media
We use various social media plug-ins to allow you to share parts of our content via these platforms. We can also incorporate content from these platforms directly into our websites. The plug-ins are marked with the provider’s logo and can include, for example, the “Like” button, a Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram button. When you click on one of these buttons, data is exchanged with the social media provider concerned and the provider is informed that you have visited our website and what information you have shared via its platform.
The provider page directly transfers the plug-in content to your browser, which embeds the latter into the website. If you are logged in to the provider at the same time, the provider can assign the interaction to your profile. If you interact with the plug-ins, e.g. by clicking on the “Like” button or posting, the corresponding information is transmitted from your browser directly to provider, where it will be saved.
If you do not want the provider to collect data about you via our websites, you must log out of the provider’s service before you visit our website. Even when you are logged out, the providers collect anonymous data via the social plug-ins and save you a cookie when you interact with them. This data can be assigned to your profile if you log in to the provider’s service later on.
For information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing of your data by the provider, as well as your rights in this respect and the settings that you can adjust to protect your privacy, please consult the providers’ data protection information.
- Facebook Ireland Ltd./Facebook Inc.
The advanced privacy setting is enabled for videos included on our site. This means that no information concerning website visitors is collected or saved by Youtube or Vimeo unless you play the video. We use YouTube and Vimeo to play videos.
YouTube is operated by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). For information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by the provider, as well as your rights in this respect and the settings that you can adjust to protect your privacy, please consult Google’s data privacy statement.
Vimeo is operated by Vimeo, Inc. 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011 (“Vimeo”). For information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by the providers, as well as your rights in this respect and the settings that you can adjust to protect your privacy, please consult Vimeo’s data privacy statement.
10. Rights of the data subject
You have to right to obtain information on the data concerning you that we have saved at any time. If the data is incorrect, you have the right to request its rectification if you are unable to correct the data yourself via the website. You also have the right to object to the data processing or to demand the erasure of the data.
If the GDPR is applicable, you have the right to object to the processing, which is based on a public interest or on a legitimate interest of Vorwerk Switzerland Ltd., of personal data concerning you on grounds relating to your particular situation. You also have the right to data portability.
If the processing of personal data is necessary for control purposes or for the provision of services, we can neither erase the data nor stop processing it.
Naturally, you also have the right to contact the responsible supervisory authority at any time.
You will find our contact details at the end of this document. We allow ourselves to use electronic correspondence (in particular e-mail) in such cases.
11. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to amend this Data Privacy Statement at any time. Changes shall apply 14 days after publication on the website. The latest Data Privacy Statement can be consulted at any time at https://switzerland.thermomix.com
12. Contact and responsibility
We will be happy to provide you with further information on data protection at any time.
If you have any questions about the above Data Privacy Statement, your personal data or enquiries made by supervisory authorities, please contact us using the details set out below:
Vorwerk Switzerland Ltd., Pilatusstrasse 29, 6036 Dierikon